From Auckland City or the Airport to Piha Beach
We have the services of Peter Gillespie from Surf Shuttle who provides a door-to-door shuttle service from anywhere in Auckland or the airport to Piha.
Phone Peter 09 627 2644 or 0274952526 Free Phone: 0800 952526
Email Peter firstname.lastname@example.org www.surfshuttle.co.nz
Te Wahi Ora Women’s Retreat, 129 Marine Parade North, Piha
Directions: Via North-Western Motorway
1. Leave the North-Western Motorway at the Lincoln Road exit. Travel along Lincoln Road towards Henderson.
2. Stay on Lincoln Road for 2.6km till it meets the Swanson Road intersection.
3. At the Swanson Road intersection stay left, then as you travel down the hill towards the Henderson shops, move into the right lane, ready to turn immediately into Henderson Valley Road under the rail bridge.
4. Travel 2 km along Henderson Valley Road passing Henderson High School on your right and going through the industrial area.
5. At the traffic island intersection of 3 roads with a Gull Service Station, turn left into Forrest Hill Road, which climbs up into the Waitakere Ranges.
6. Forrest Hill Road is a long road, and narrow in places. Continue 7km through all the intersections until you reach an awkward ‘T’ intersection at West Coast Road. A STOP sign is in the middle of the road.
7. Turn right (uphill not downhill) at this ‘T’ intersection on to West Coast Road, passing the Waiatarua Community Centre on your right and continuing to climb for approx 600 metres / about 3 minutes.
8. You reach another ‘T’ intersection. Turn right onto the Scenic Drive and continue climbing.
9. Watch carefully, for now you come to the Waiatarua Plateau with a restaurant and parking area on your right. The Piha Road is well marked ahead of you and begins the downhill part of your journey.
10. The Piha Road continues for 10 kilometres before it comes to a steep hill leading down to Piha Beach. It is kinder on your car to engage a lower gear – it saves the brakes!
11. At the foot of the hill go straight ahead over the bridge. The camping ground is on your left and the Fire Station is on your right. Follow the road around to your left past the large Piha Store.
12. You are now facing the beach and Lion Rock. Continue straight ahead with the lagoon on your left until you reach a sharp right turn near Lion Rock.
13. When the road turns right it changes its name to Marine Parade North and travels parallel to the beach.
14. Cross over 5 traffic bumps and prepare to stop outside the blue A-Frame house on your right. The house has a bluey-grey roof and bluey-white walls and a welcoming look. See image below
15. Congratulations you have arrived!