BUSH AND BEACH WALKS
We believe in the healing potential of being immersed in our spectacular natural environment
We never underestimate the restorative benefits of walking the extensive foreshore of Piha Beach. There are a number of other varied walking opportunities local to Piha:
– Wandering up to the Kitekite Falls
– Hiking down into Karekare or Anawhata
– Tackling some of the Hilary Trail
– Strolling the beach and climbing up Te Piha / Lion Rock
– Walking along to either end of Piha Beach and walking up to the lookouts to contemplate the magnificent views that go on and on as far as the eye can see!
During your stay we can arrange a guided walk for you. We know the walks available in the area and can tailor you walk to your fitness level. Have you heard of the local swimming hole know locally as ‘the coffin’ due to its shape? It takes local knowledge to get there but it’s well worth it. Or ask about going to through ‘the gap’ (sand and tide conditions change the availability of this walk) We are happy to make you a packed lunch for the trail.
Your guided walk needs to be booked in advance and is subject to the availability of a guide.